From beautiful clothing, to the make up, and to the hair...Oyato designs & artistry has got you covered. Ms Odunayo Ade is the young beautiful lady behind "OYATO"
- Tell us a bit about yourself
Nigeria, I was born in Brooklyn New York and I am a fashion designer. I went to FIT and
recently graduated in May (from the International trading marketing program) and I got my
fashion degree from Nassau Community college in Long Island New York.
- Oyato designs & artistry, how did this become a reality? And how did the name Oyato come about?
suggested I use that name but I felt like it didn’t make sense at the time. Later I put a picture up and put the name ‘Oyato’ at the bottom and since then it soon grew into a brand name. Oyato designs & artistry became a reality after I graduated from college and I started off with Oyato designs which is solely clothing and the artistry came about because I love doing makeup and hair. Anything that has to do with beauty, I am a huge fan of it. My cousin who also loves it, partnered with me and that’s how we came with the ‘artistry’. The name ‘Oyato’ means to be different, to stand out.
- Your first collection was called “Call of the Wild”, what other collections have you had and what’s your latest collection?
major you had to do a final collection when you are graduating. ‘Call of the wild’ is what I
called mine. Other collections I’ve had are Enigmatic, Eclecticism and the latest one which was launched in September of this year is Vintage Pop Print. So far I’ve had four collections. Fashion trends constantly change every season and year and the style of each person varies.
- How do you make your designs fit the trending fashion styles, appeal to people of different ages and still maintain your authenticity?
- You also specialize in hair, makeup and wardrobe styling. What made you get involved in all these other than designing clothes?
- Do you personally do all these for your clients or do you have a trained team? Can interested people join your team?
- What has been your most favorable moment to date for you in your career?
deal for me. However I would say having my own show in September is my most favorable
moment to date. We did a fashion show to debut the ‘Vintage Pop Print” collection in New York during fashion week. I’m hoping more great moments to come.
- Where and how can people buy your designs, make custom orders, get make up done , get their hair done and wardrobe styling?
- Any projects you are currently working on that we should look forward to?
a YouTube channel which we launched in October. The link is www.youtube.com/theoyatolifestyle. Here we post videos on makeup, hair, styling and pretty much anything about Oyato designs & artistry.
- You have made some great accomplishments so far with Oyato designs & artistry and I am sure you still have much more to attain. What is your goal for Oyato designs and artistry?
Visit the website at www.oyatoonline.com