|Lani and Hazee|
Lani and Hazee, together they make Hazlan...the lovely husband and wife and amazing parents of an adorable son....
- How long have you been married?
- What qualities attracted you to your partner?
H: There were qualities I saw in him that I liked but the long distance was right in my face that I could not really get to those qualities like I wanted to but I knew they existed but he was too far away. The qualities that I saw that I liked that made me pursue the long distance relationship are his relationship with God, He has a relationship with God, there is a difference between knowing God and having a relationship with God and that’s something I noticed, something that I admire and something I would like to have and I feel he can get me there. He is also very family oriented, he loves his family, loves to keep his family around him and that’s something I admire. He is also good looking and tall. He is very affectionate, very loving, very sincere, genuine and always open and honest with me, telling me how he feels, whether positive or negative. When I went to Nigeria for 2 ½ weeks, there wasn't a day that passed by without him expressing his love for me and that sealed the deal; He showed me more affection than people that were at arm’s reach.
- How has marriage changed your lives?
H: Marriage has changed my life, because I have new priorities. My priorities is not work, me, its now my family and my husband.
- Was your perception of marriage prior to being married the same as now being married?
- What do you do or what do you think is necessary to maintain marital happiness and success?
H: Love, communication and honesty. You have to be honest with each other, you have to communicate with each other; talk. Truth over harmony.
- You have a 5 month old baby (going onto 6), how has that changed your lives individually and as a couple?
L: It’s been an interesting journey having a child. Having a child is a thing of joy. He is very active, he loves what I love. I love music and he does too, he can’t do without it. I play music for him every morning. It’s a good experience and I know it’s not the end
- Today we have a lot of people getting married and getting a divorce the next or get into marriage and relationships for the wrong reasons. What advice do you have for people who are going into relationships and/or marriage?
H: It’s really about knowing the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with. 6 months courting, dating is not enough if you want to spend the rest of your life with that someone. If you can’t be in the bathroom when they are there (pooping), then you are not ready for marriage. I’m sorry but these are things you have to do with your partner, you should be able to do with your partner, touch your partner and look at your partner in the weirdest scenarios and not even think twice about it. If you can’t do that then you are not ready. So it’s more than a year, more than 6 months. It’s really knowing that person. Those awkward things, you have to be comfortable with.
|Isn't he just adorable? Oh Yes he is!|